PPC Tips to Live By in September
This is Sam Owen, Hanapin Marketing’s British PPC Master. He’s put together some quick PPC tips for your PPC fix. Check them out below:
1) When auditing, make sure you know what you want to achieve – better CPA, identifying account issues, or increasing leads.
2) Create a feature benefit matrix when writing new ads – not only do you write better ads, but you have a good backup list for future tests.
3) Make sure to set up multi channel funnels in Analytics to track users through your site – find bottlenecks + diagnose page issues.
4) A well optimized adCenter campaign can be very effective – if you’ve spent no time on it, don’t expect great returns.
5) Use both image and text ads in your remarketing campaigns, and have them in separate ad groups.
6) Get a friend or family member who isn’t very computer literate to try and test out your site – you’ll get interesting feedback!
7) Use your sitelinks as if they were extra ad space – write features and benefits that sell your site, rather than links to boring pages!
8 ) Get a Google phone number to track your click to call metrics! Make sure you are getting value for your money.
9) Download your quality scores at the start of each month and use pivot tables to get a snapshot – check you’re improving month to month.
10) Use the dimensions tab to see how your conversion rates change throughout the day/week. Set your bids accordingly!